This article will take you through how to install Rocky Linux 9 on VirtualBox. Rocky Linux 9 was released in July, bringing security enhancements and better performance for enterprise users. Let’s try it on VirtualBox and see how it looks.
- Navigate to the VirtualBox download page and download it if you haven’t.
- Next, download Rocky Linux from its download page.
Install Rocky Linux 9
- Open your VirtualBox and click on New.
- Enter your OS name, Type and version.
- Next, allocate memory size.
- Then create a virtual hard disk.
- Choose hard disk file type.
- Select storage type.
- Next, allocate the storage amount.
- After that select your Rocky Linux 9 image from choose a disk file by clicking on Empty drive as shown below.
- Click the start button to boot the added OS.
- Select Install Rocky Linux 9.0.
- Select language.
- Next, select your installation destination, root password then create a user.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- After the installation click the Reboot System button.
- Log in to your new system.
- Enjoy your Rocky Linux 9.
- You have reached the end of our article. We have gone through how to install Rocky Linux 9 on VirtualBox.
VirtualBox Guest Additions on Rocky Linux 9
Read more on Rocky Linux Documentation
Install OpenSUSE on VirtualBox
Install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Fedora 36