This article will take you through how to install OpenSUSE on VirtualBox. Oracle VM VirtualBox is a type-2 hypervisor for x86 virtualization developed by Oracle Corporation. It supports Windows, macOS, Linux, Solaris, and OpenSolaris. It lets you create and manage virtual machines that run Windows, Linux, BSD, OS/2, Solaris, Haiku, and OSx86, as well as virtualize macOS guests on Apple hardware.
How to Install OpenSUSE on VirtualBox
Install OpenSUSE on VirtualBox
- Create a new virtual machine by clicking the new button as shown below.
- Next, enter Name, Type, and Version then click the next button to continue.
- Allocate your Virtual Machine Memory.
- Create a virtual hard disk.
- Select VDI as the disk file type.
- Choose storage type according to your preference as shown below.
- Allocate storage amount.
- Next, click on the empty drive then choose OpenSUSE image by clicking on choose a disk.
- After adding your image, click on the start button.
- Select Installation.
- Select language.
- Select yes to activate the online repositories.
- Select your online repositories.
- Select your desktop type.
- Update your time zone.
- Create a user and password.
- Then install.
- Confirm you want to install.
- When the installation is completed, remove your image disk then click on the start button to boot.
- Your OpenSUSE is ready for use.
- You have reached the end of our article, congratulations. We have gone through how to install OpenSUSE on VirtualBox.
Read more on OpenSUSE Documentation