This tutorial is going to teach you how to install Ajenti Control Panel on Ubuntu 22.04. Ajenti is a web-based control panel that is open source and may be used for a wide range of server management activities. It can install packages and conduct commands, as well as display basic server information like RAM usage and available disk space.
How to Install Ajenti Control Panel on Ubuntu 22.04
- Lets begin by updating and upgrading the system.
apt update -y
apt upgrade -y
- Next restart your system after completing the updates.
sudo systemctl reboot
Install Ajenti Control Panel on Ubuntu 22.04
- Use the following command to download Ajenti Control Panel on Ubuntu 22.04.
curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ajenti/ajenti/master/scripts/install.sh
- Then install it using the command below.
Sample installation output at the end.
... :: Installing initscript /usr/bin/systemctl Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/ajenti.service → /lib/systemd/system/ajenti.service. :: Complete Ajenti will be listening at https://192.168.171.128:8000 Log in with your root password or another OS user
- Check if Ajenti is running using the command below.
systemctl status ajenti
● ajenti.service - Ajenti panel Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/ajenti.service; enabl> Active: active (running) since Fri 2022-02-18 12:02:48 EA> Process: 5573 ExecStart=/usr/bin/python3 /usr/local/bin/aj> Process: 5575 ExecStartPost=/bin/sleep 5 (code=exited, sta> Main PID: 5576 (python3) Tasks: 3 (limit: 4588) Memory: 50.1M CGroup: /system.slice/ajenti.service ├─5576 /usr/bin/python3 /usr/local/bin/ajenti-pan> └─5583 /usr/local/bin/ajenti-panel worker [restri> Feb 18 12:02:42 ubuntu systemd: Starting Ajenti panel... Feb 18 12:02:48 ubuntu systemd: Started Ajenti panel.
- To stop Ajenti from running use the command below.
systemctl stop ajenti
- You can start Ajenti using the following command.
systemctl start ajenti
- Ajenti uses port 8000 as its default port. The following command can be used to verify it.
ss -tunelp | grep 8000
Open Ajenti Web interface on Ubuntu 22.04
- Open your favorite web browser and enter your server IP followed by port 8000 e.g.
http://192.168.171.128:8000as shown below. Then enter credentials of any user in your system to log in.
- After you Login, you will be taken to Ajenti dashboard..
- You can now use Ajenti dashboard to manage your server using web interface.
- If you didn’t log in using root credentials you will be required to elevate your user to root so as to access all modules . Follow the procedure below to do that.
- Simply click on the profile icon and then click the elevate option.
- You will be asked to enter your root password.
- The user will will be changed.
- Congratulations you have reached the end of the article. You have learned how to Install Ajenti Control Panel on Ubuntu 22.04.
Install and Configure VNC server on Ubuntu 22.04
Install Guacamole remote desktop tool on Ubuntu 22.04