It’s accessible as an online cross-browser web app for Linux, macOS, and Windows, as well as offline desktop software for Linux, macOS, and Windows. The Electron framework is used to create its offline application. The web app doesn’t require an online login or registration, and it may be opened and saved locally. PNG, JPEG, SVG, and PDF are among the supported storage and export formats for download.
How to Install Draw.io Desktop App on Debian 11
We’ll install Draw.io using the two methods listed below:
- Install Draw.io Desktop App on Debian 11 using Snapd
- Install Draw.io Desktop App on Debian 11 using DEB Binary
Install Draw.io Desktop App on Debian 11 using Snapd
- Update your packages.
sudo apt update
- Next, install Draw.io using the command below.
sudo snap install drawio
- After the installation, Draw.io can be launched from the application menu.
- When you open it, you have the option of creating a new diagram or opening an existing one.
- After you’ve selected a new diagram, you’ll be asked to choose a category.
- Then the application will launch, and you will be able to draw the schematics.
Install Draw.io Desktop App on Debian 11 using DEB Binary
- Installing curl in case it’s missing on your system.
sudo apt -y install wget curl
- Then download Draw.io package using the command below.
curl -s https://api.github.com/repos/jgraph/drawio-desktop/releases/latest | grep browser_download_url | grep '\.deb' | cut -d '"' -f 4 | wget -i -
- Next, install Draw.io using the following command.
sudo apt -f install ./drawio-amd64-*.deb
Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done Note, selecting 'draw.io' instead of './drawio-amd64-19.0.3.deb' Recommended packages: libappindicator3-1 The following NEW packages will be installed: draw.io 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded. Need to get 0 B/87.0 MB of archives. After this operation, 364 MB of additional disk space will be used. Get:1 /home/itnixpro/drawio-amd64-19.0.3.deb draw.io amd64 19.0.3 [87.0 MB] Selecting previously unselected package draw.io. (Reading database ... 157428 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to unpack .../drawio-amd64-19.0.3.deb ... Unpacking draw.io (19.0.3) ... Setting up draw.io (19.0.3) ... Processing triggers for mailcap (3.69) ... Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.26-1) ... Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.17-2) ... Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.36.0-1) ... Processing triggers for shared-mime-info (2.0-1) ...
- You have made it to the end of our article, Cheers! You have gone through how to install Draw.io Desktop App on Debian 11.
Read more on Draw.io Documentation
Install phpMyAdmin with Apache on Rocky Linux
Install Hestia Control Panel on Ubuntu 20.04