This guide will go through how to set default route to network in Linux. Linux systems needs network route to access the internet, you can as well call it gateway.
- Let us stating by checking the current route using the command below.
default via 192.168.171.2 dev ens33 proto dhcp metric 100 169.254.0.0/16 dev ens33 scope link metric 1000 192.168.171.0/24 dev ens33 proto kernel scope link src 192.168.171.144 metric 100
Set default route to Network in Linux using IP Command
- Run the IP command below with your preferred route to the network e.g.
sudo ip route add default via 192.168.171.35
- You can delete the route that was set using the following command.
sudo ip route del default via 192.168.171.35
Set default route to Network in Linux using route Command
- Set the default route using the command below.
sudo route add default gw 192.168.171.10
- To delete the route set use the following command.
sudo route del default gw 192.168.171.10
- You have made it to the end of our article. We have gone through how to set default route to network in Linux.
Read more about network route